With our corporate HQ in Boston, Virtudent is changing the face of dental healthcare delivery. Our mission is to bring high quality oral healthcare to all. We aim to make a traditionally headache-inducing dental experience vastly more cool, convenient, transparent and most importantly – all about the patient! By coupling our state-of-the-art pop-up dental clinics with telehealth technologies, we bring the dental visit right on-site to employers.
The Regional Dental Direction will become the go-to for all things dental in New England. The role requires a unique combination of operational discipline and leadership. You will work closely with our National Dental Director and the General Manager of New England.
The Regional Dental Director provides high quality direct patient care according to training, experience, and licensure by 1) completing all teledentistry reads and 2) providing guidance on patient follow-up care needed for corporate patients seen in the region. The Director will also provide leadership in the areas of dental policy, provision and quality of dental care, oversight, supervision and coordination of dental services for the specific regional market of oversight. He/she champions regular quality improvement and risk assessment activities and monitoring to ensure the delivery of consistent, high quality patient care and service excellence in the market. He/she will help with recruitment, training, and clinical support of the registered hygienist team in the market. Participates as a member of the Virtudent Management team, reports directly to the National Dental Director and partners to support the Vice President/General Manager of the market.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide patient care full time by completing teledentistry reads for corporate patient clients
- Effectively lead and motivate clinical providers to provide the highest quality clinical care, and provide clinical support and guidance to hygienists day to day on care plans and care coordination through remote communication methods.
- Licensure in all states in the region, and proactive dental board and dental community management, in Partnership with National Dental Director
- Partner with General Manager to participate in strategic planning, implementation of clinical initiatives, budget development, and outcome evaluation of dental services and programs for the specific market of oversight.
- Provide leadership and oversight of clinical staff recruitment and retention, including performance evaluation of staff. Lead efforts to provide staff growth and development, as well as address performance improvement and personnel matters in partnership with the VP/GM of the market.
- Help to recruit dental partners in the market by promoting the Virtudent model and doing outreach to community dentists to expand Virtudent referral network.
- Promote and model a team based approach through collaborative management and decision-making, working closely with administration and clinical managers and supervisors.
- Participate in design, development and implementation of quality improvement processes and initiatives, as directed by the National Dental Director and Clinical Quality Manager
- Pursue ongoing continuing medical education to stay current with best practice standards and license requirements.
- Perform other related duties as required
- DMD/DDS, at least 5 years clinical experience required.
- Licensed to practice dentistry in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- Strong interpersonal/leadership skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org